Monday, September 15, 2008

two tooth Evan

Evan would not go down for his nap today. He fought it and fought it this afternoon, but I knew he needed it, and eventually he caved and fell asleep. He has two more teeth that are bugging him. They just cut last week and are really bothering him now. He likes to get them over with that's for sure. He got his top two teeth on the same day at the end of July and got two more on the same day last week, poor guy.
I've been successfully getting Evan off of the soother during the day. He used to need it quite frequently day and night and I noticed he really only seems to want it when he can see it. So I put his day time soother away yesterday and he's been sucking/chewing on his finger instead and not doing bad without it either. I do feel bad though because he used to use it to chew for teething relief, and now he doesn't have that this week of all weeks. He's making do though and not really upset so that's a good sign. Evan is still using his sleep time soother, but I'm not going to try taking that away from him for a while yet.
Now that Evan has grown out of a few things, I'm really noticing little babies more and we are ready to have another little one. I weaned Evan off breastfeeding at about 12 1/2 months, and now his soother thing, and walking all over. He's getting more independent and I'm so proud of him, but I already miss the newborn stages. Not "now" now though, but in a little while it would be nice to have a baby brother or sister for Evan :)
Totally on another note...did anyone else see Tina Fey satire Sara Palin on SNL this past weekend??? That was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. Tina Fey did such an awesome job!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didnt see it but i read about it, and how it was the only funny thing on the whole episode! but i don't know if i would have foind it funny anyway since i have never seen sarah palin, and i don't know what she looks like or how she acts or anything about her.... i am out of the loop fo sho :)

Leoal said...

I did see that, I laughed so hard i cried. Then I called Mom and made her watch it.

Jillian Camwell said...

I saw it too. Very funny. The first time I saw Sarah Palin, I thought she looked exactly like Tina Fey. Apparently many other people thought the same thing! I wonder if Tina Fey (who apparently can't stand Palin) thought "cha-ching" when she first saw her...