Monday, July 28, 2008

Computer MIA (March 25, 2008)

A month ago my computer started acting up. It is away for repairs right now, and in the meanitme I have a loaned laptop to satisfy my internet fix. Unfortunately though I am unable to upload pictures so I, and others will have to wait to see how much Evan has grown in the last month.
He will be 8 months old tomorrow! I don't know how much he weighs as I've missed the baby weighings for 2 months now. He is starting to feed himself finger foods now and starting to dislike baby food. So I'm trying creative ways to feed him all the baby food left in the freezer that I have made. Unless its teething (which I'm learning is the be all to end all of excuses for baby behaviour) in that he's not interested in eating. He likes cheerios and isn't it so cute to watch them learn to feed themselves that!? He's rolling all over the place now (for a while now) and sitting on his own which is nice. Evan's trying to crawl, but not quite there. He is scooting on his tummy and ends up going backwards which is a major source of frustration for him.
Another missing thing in the last 3 weeks in my life has been Daryl gone to work. He's working out of town now contracting. It was hard to go from Daryl here every day (out of work, but home nonetheless) to gone for 3 weeks. He's coming home sometime this week though so we'll have to have a delayed Easter celebration, and early birthday celebration for me (because he'll be gone again for that).
Usually we talk everyday on the phone when one of us is away, but with the bad phone coverage in the middle of nowhere its been difficult. A couple of times he's been somewhere where he can get the internet so we've talked on skype (which is great and everyone should download it). Daryl likes that because he can see us, and especially see Evan on the webcam. It freaks the dog out though, he runs around trying to find Daryl hidden in the wall!
Cross your fingers for me that Daryl can come home tomorrow so we can see him in person!

No comments: